Calling all mental health nurses
Are you a dynamic and dedicated mental health professional?
The combined mental health, addictions and intellectual disability service of Capital and Coast, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa DHBs has a number of opportunities you may want to take advantage of.
Mental Health Addictions and Intellectual Disability (MHAID) 3DHB Service is a relatively young service that’s alive with new ideas and we’re busy strengthening our services on many fronts. Every day we’re applying the vast knowledge and experiences of our high performing managers and staff and contributing to better lives for our clients. We’re making a big difference as we take on the mental health challenges we face as people, and as a region, a country. If you want a quiet life you probably shouldn’t apply, but if you like a challenge, talk to us.
Do you want a piece of the action?
We are seeking:
- registered and enrolled nurses for our adult inpatient units, Te Whare O Matairangi and Te Whare Ahuru, and in other MHAID areas to work within a vibrant and motivated multidisciplinary team
- experienced mental health nurses to join our crisis resolution service – a 24-hour community team working across the Hutt Valley and Wellington that responds to the needs of people experiencing mental health crises
- a number of specialist services including eating disorders, forensic mental health services, maternal mental health, intellectual disability and many more.
You will enjoy professional development and participation in our professional development recognition programme -an in-house learning management system to track and monitor development, and:
- specialist in-house workshops
- career progression within your chosen specialism
- links to a number of tertiary education providers, including Victoria University, Massey University and Whitireia Polytechnic
- a well-established NESP programme
- close links to Nursing Council New Zealand and local government
- speciality mental health addictions and intellectually disability services -with career pathways within these services.
- working in a beautiful, vibrant part of the country with a buzz about it that comes with being home to the Beehive, Parliament and the public service. A region with a stark, varied landscape with recreational opportunities galore.
Interested? Please apply at https://goo.gl/J9Naqk. To discuss your nursing career development needs, please email our director of nursing firstname.lastname@example.org or professional leader and nurse educator email@example.com